Terms and Conditions
Terms and Conditions of Business for Language Farm Ireland Ltd.
These are the Terms and Conditions upon which Language Farm Ireland, and any person or persons (the participant) applying to book a programme agrees to adhere to:
- All participants must agree to abide by all instructions and decisions that the Language Farm Ireland and its staff make to ensure the safety and wellbeing of all participants.
- Much of our programme takes place in the outdoors and under different conditions than at home. Conditions can be physically demanding and challenging and participants are advised to come prepared. Each participant should therefore bring along all the items listed in the packing list.
- Some activities within our programme carry with them a degree of risk to both people and personal property, even if enjoyed under the proper supervision of qualified instructors. It can also sometimes be strenuous and physical that requires those taking part to have a reasonable standard of physical ability and personal fitness. All participants must therefore make us aware of any medical conditions, illnesses or allergies that they have and any prescribed drugs or medication they are taking at the time of their booking.
- No-one should participate in a strenuous activity if they are suffering from a heart condition or if they are pregnant. If you are unsure as to whether or not any medical condition that you may have will be affected by the activities then medical advice must be sought before booking. All participants must under no circumstances take part in the activities whilst under the influence of alcohol, drugs or medication which may adversely affect their physical/mental abilities.
- Participants are responsible for their brought values (pocket money, equipment, mobile phone, computer). Language Farm Ireland accepts no liability for lost things of this kind. However, you can leave them on arrival at the camp with us and have unrestricted access during the camp.
- Language Farm Ireland is not liable for any damage caused by the absence of these items. If the absence of something related to or crucial to the participants health endangers the event, the event may be terminated without the participant being entitled to any claims for damages.
- Parents or Legal Guardians are obliged to inform Language Farm Ireland before the beginning of the booking about physical and health restrictions of their underage children (signed declaration of consent) in order to avoid overloading or illness-related failures as far as possible.
- If participants attend their booking whilst ill and are forced to leave, Language Farm Ireland can only in the event of its own gross negligence extend a full refund of the costs paid.
- Participants who do not adhere to the general standards of social coexistence (physical and psychological violence, youth protection law, smoking, alcohol, drugs, non-followers of the authority of lifeguards or trained outdoor instructors) may, after prior consultation with the parent or guardian and Camp Leader, be expelled from the camp by the second offence. The severity of the case is to be determined by the Camp Leader. In such a case the parents, legal guardians or participant are obliged to organise the early departure. In this case Language Farm Ireland shall not be held responsible for any extra travel costs incurred.
- Swimming or water activities are only allowed after prior consent of the parents and in the presence of a lifeguard. In cases of illness, this can be denied.
- Language Farm Ireland reserves the right to use photos and other images created during the participation of the participant for its own purposes (and only for this purpose). The participant has the option to refuse whilst filling out their Consent Form.
- Participants on all programmes will be entitled to the use of any Language Farm Ireland equipment during their participation. Whereas Language Farm Ireland takes all reasonable measures to ensure that equipment is in a safe and good condition for use, participants are responsible for immediately reporting any damage caused to the equipment, or that becomes apparent whilst the equipment is in their possession.
BOOKING & CANCELLATION CONDITIONS
- By signing the Booking Form the contract between the Participant and Language Farm Ireland becomes binding.
- In the case of telephone bookings when a written confirmation is not possible then the agreement is a verbal contract.
- A deposit must be paid before the booking can be confirmed and held by Language Farm Ireland. In the event of no deposit up to 8 weeks before the beginning of the booking, Language Farm Ireland reserves the right to cancel said contract.
- The remaining balance for the participants booking must be paid in full to Language Farm Ireland no later than 4 weeks before the beginning of the booking.
- All cancellations must be made in writing via email or post and are effective on the date received by Language Farm Ireland.
- In case of cancellation the following charges will be applied off the order value:
30% from contract signing up to 6 weeks before the event
50% less than 6 to 4 weeks before the event
75% less than 4 to 1 week before the event
90% less than one week before the event
100% in case of illness-related cancellation on the day of arrival (please complete travel expenses cancellation insurance – also recommended for school classes.)
- Language Farm Ireland will make every effort to accommodate your requirements and participants are reminded that in the event of a cancellation on their part, Language Farm Ireland can offer a booking on an alternative programme.
- Unless by design of a bespoke package to meet your personal requirements we require a minimum number of participants. If a programme does not reach the minimum number of participants, Language Farm Ireland reserves the right to cancel said Programme. Participants shall be informed by phone no later than 10 days before the beginning of their booking. All monies shall be repaid with 4 weeks.
CHANGES TO PROGRAMME
- Language Farm Ireland reserves the right to change the programme according to weather, group size, group dynamics, safety and organisational reasons.
- A change in programme will not affect the dates as stated in the booking.
INSURANCE & LIABILITY
- FOR ALL PROGRAMMES YOU ARE AVISED TO TAKE OUT YOUR OWN PERSONAL INSURANCE FOR CANCELLATION, ACCIDENT, PERSONAL BELONGINGS AND PROPERTY INSURANCE BEFORE ARRIVAL.
- Language Farm staff are insured as freelance employees.
- Language Farm Ireland does not seek to limit or exclude any liability for personal injury or loss of life which may occur as a result of its own negligence or that of its employees, officers or agents. However – Language Farm Ireland assumes no liability in respect of any personal injury, loss, damage, consequential loss or third party claims which occur through no fault of its own, its employees, officers or agents.
All other liability or conditions implied by law and excluded to the fullest extent possible.
- If the execution of the event or part of the event is prevented by Force majeure or the loss of management personnel on the part of Language Farm Ireland, the reimbursement claims of the customer are limited exclusively to the order value. Already provided partial services can not be refunded.
BROCHURES, WEBSITE & MARKETING
- Language Farm Ireland makes every attempt to ensure that our brochures, website and marketing show our customers the services that are on offer.
All information provided is given as a guide: We accept no responsibility for errors, omissions or discrepancies in our literature. All prices are accurate at the time of publication. We reserve the right to increase and decrease prices any time after publication. Any alterations or changes will be made clear at time of booking.
LANGUAGE FARM IRELAND LTD, FIRST FLOOR, BLOCK ONE, QUAYSIDE BUSINESS PARK, DUNDALK, CO. LOUTH